How to install a WordPress theme through the FTP connection?
The best method to install a WordPress template is using FTP-File Transfer Protocol software. You can upload themes for WordPress through the FTP. You need to have an FTP client for this. I prefer FileZilla FTP client software for this. The self hosted WordPress blog as got more advantages than Blogger/Blogspot blogs. Setting up a WordPress is made easier these days . Many web hosts are now offering a one click install from their script panel Fantastico. In this tutorial I will show you Step-by-step instruction on WordPress theme installation on your site. WordPress blog provides more traffic,backlinks, SEO, easy to use plugins, cool themes… etc . My suggestion is if you are using Blogspot try to do blogging in WorPress platform
Steps to Install WordPress Theme:
- Open FTP Client (FileZilla) software.
- Enter host name, username and password.
- Click Quick connect.
- Unzip and keep the downloaded WordPress theme.
- In FileZilla navigate to the theme folder.
- In the right hand side of FTP client navigate to /Public_html/wp-content/themes as shown in the below screenshot,
- Just right click the WordPress theme folder and click Upload.
- Now your theme will be uploaded to Wp-content/themes folder.
- Logon to your WordPress Dashboard(http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/wp-admin)
- Navigate to WordPress Dashboard –> Appearance –> Themes
- Select the theme you uploaded and click Activate.
That’s it! Done!
WordPress Theme Installation TipsCheck How to Install How to install a WordPress theme through the FTP connection? on your WordPress blog :)